Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

Making an enemy of our own future

I've been busy grading all weekend, so I haven't had an chance to start work on the next installment of my reflections on Stanley's papers. But hopefully it'll be up before the weekend. I'm excited about this next one - the topic will be 'Context and Logical Form'.

Let me announced another couple of blogging projects for the semester, in the hope that this will encourage me to carve out some time to work on them. Firstly, I want to work my way through Mark Sainsbury's Reference Without Referents, which is about to be released (complete with a great new cover design) in paperback. Those of you who read this blog regularly will know that I've blogged pretty extensively about this book in the past, but I'm going to aim to be much more thorough and systematic this time.

Secondly, and following on from exchanges with Jason Stanley and Errol Lord, I want to write a series of posts on the premise everyone forgot in Williamson's anti-luminosity argument. I've been sitting on this material partly to get it into better shape, and partly to enable it to be blind-reviewed, but the time has arrived for me to try to get it onto the web as clearly as I can. The first post on this should be sometime this week, with posts on the relevance of the forgotten premise for the debates on anti-realism and norms of assertion to follow.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?